Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"One of the best parts of my job is feeling the impact of 93,000 3Mers collaborating around the world and seeing the difference they're able to make in people's lives." - Julie Bushman, executive vice president of International Operations at 3M
The Impact You'll Make in this Role As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
* Diagnose, test, repair and make adjustments to AC and DC motors and drive systems that range in size from fractional horsepower to hundreds of horsepower,pneumatic, electrical and electronic systems, control loops and P.I.D. loops (4-20 milliamps),industrial controllers, including analog and digital programmable controllers (PLCs)
* Perform minor installation and modification of control and power wiring, up to and including 480 volts A.C., within N.E.C. and OSHA standards, assure compliance with proper procedures on work involving Intrinsically Safe and explosion proof wiring, both in hands-on practices and in changing or modifying of DC elementary drawings
* Read, understand, and appropriately change AC and DC elementary drawings and wiring diagrams in accordance with established 3M practices
* Perform preventive maintenance tasks, including lubrication of equipment and machinery, following standard procedures as indicated on P.M. route sheets or in equipment manuals
* Use proper metal joining techniques such as arc and acetylene welding, brazing and soldering, as required for installation and repair of equipment, light metalfabrication, wood construction, painting, and other miscellaneous or general maintenance work as may be required, set up and operate shop equipment such as hand tools, electric and air-powered portable tools, carpentry tools and machine tools including, but not limited to, lathes, milling machines, grinders, drill presses and saws
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
* Possess a High School diploma or equivalent
* Minimum three (3) years of industrial manufacturing technician experience in a private, public, government or military environment, in leu of experience, a technical degree in an engineering related field (Mechatronics, Industrial Electronics, Robotics & Automation, etc)
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
* Industrial manufacturing technician experience with Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance and Automation
* Demonstrated ability to work on a fast-paced, deadline driven team, ability to work in a safe manner and follow safety protocols including, but not limited to, Lock Out/Tag Out programs, NFPA 70E Arc-Flash Safety, etc.
* PLC and automated manufacturing equipment knowledge a plus.
* Ability to use common, electrical and tolerance measuring devices and equipment, read and follow mechanical drawings and technical manuals
Travel: May include up to [5%0%][domestic/international]
Relocation Assistance: Not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life - both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M. Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties. 3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Internal Number: R01035041
Here, you matter. You inspire.
Here, you go.
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the
magic happens. Except it’s not magic, it’s the right science
applied the right way by the people of 3M. Here, your ideas
help shape everyday lives around the globe.
• We nurture the world around us
• We act with uncompromising integrity
• We encourage a culture of coaching and development
• We are endlessly inquisitive
• We create with purpose
• We believe in the power of the whole
3M technology advancing every company
3M products enhancing every home
3M innovation improving every life
3M is all around you: Nearly 90,000 employees, Operations in 70 countries. $32+ Billion in Sales. 100,000+ patents, Products sold in 200 countries, and 5 diverse business groups : Consumer, Health Care, Industrial, Safety & Graphics, and Electronics & Energy.
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.