Type of Assignment: Full Time Assignment Category: Regular Position
Position Details: One regular, full-time position, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year on the Oceanside campus. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.
Benefits: A full benefits package which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages; and membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
Position Term in Months: $Term
Application Procedure: In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number by 11:59 PM on the closing date, Thursday, April 22, 2021:
1. Application on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
3. A cover letter addressed to the Screening and Interview Committee specifically describing how your experience aligns with the representative duties and desirable qualifications.
4. Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated in this job posting. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must state that the degree was awarded. Any degree/coursework used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation.
If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. To view a list of agencies approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, go to https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=6. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
The screening and interview committee will review application materials for up to three to four weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; 4) fingerprint clearance; and 5) approval by the Board of Trustees.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Basic Function: Under direct supervision, coordinate the assigned projects of Technology Support Services; maintain and update the Academic Information Services (AIS) inventory system and related physical inventory records and reports; and perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Coordinate assigned projects and monitor the quotas for client support and media services technicians; review the client support queue and keep all technicians updated with clients requests and tickets; keep users updated on problem-resolution status.
2. Track new hire technology needs through Employee Change Request (ECR) process; in coordination with the Manager of Technology Support Services, assign work orders to technicians. Monitor the status of the process and report to the manager.
3. Coordinate the AIS asset management system; track, maintain and update the physical inventory of computer equipment; interact with faculty and staff from other departments and coordinate with Purchasing and Receiving staff to ensure the accuracy of asset data; perform regular physical inventories of AIS warehouse and resolve discrepancies as needed.
4. Monitor and coordinate the surplus equipment and ensure accurate listing of surplus goods and donation equipment. Assist in scheduling equipment pickup with Material Management staff.
5. Coordinate incoming capital equipment in AIS; inspect for proper quantity, product specification and condition upon arrival; record and enter receipts into portal inventory system.
6. Establish and maintain records and prepare a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records and summaries.
Other Duties: 1. Assist in operating the districts employee help desk.
2. Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge Of: Standard software/applications, web applications and instructional courseware.
Basic recordkeeping and database management techniques.
Modern office practices, procedures, equipment, and applicable software/programs.
Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
Ability To: Use excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Education & Experience: Graduation from an associate degree program and one year related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
NOTE: For work experience, one year is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months, or at least 2,080 hours.
Desirable Qualifications: 1. Experience in a technology support services setting working with different levels of staff.
2. Experience working with computer systems and applications related to inventory functions, such as; Workday, SharePoint and web-based software.
3. Experience working collaboratively with technology support services staff.
4. Preferred Bachelors degree in Business Administration.
Licenses & Other Requirements: A valid California drivers license and the ability to maintain insurability under the districts vehicle insurance program.
Physical Effort: The physical efforts described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily sedentary with intermittent standing, walking, bending, stooping and climbing ladders; occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; ability to travel to various locations on and off campus as needed to conduct district business.
Emotional Effort: Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships involving interactions and communications personally, by phone and in writing with a variety of individuals and/or groups from diverse backgrounds on a regular, ongoing basis; ability to work effectively under pressure on a variety of tasks concurrently while meeting established deadlines and changing priorities.
Working Conditions: Primarily business office environment; subject to frequent public contact and interruption; intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion; may work at any district location or authorized facility during day and/or evening hours with occasional evenings and/or weekends on an as-needed basis. Occasional local travel may be requested.
Posting Number: S20/21043P Human Resources Contact Information: email@example.com or 760.795.6854 Job Close Date: 4/22/2021 Open Until Filled: No First Screening Date:
About MiraCosta College MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at http://www.miracosta.edu/officeofthepresident/pio/aboutmcc.html
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
The MiraCosta Community College District is located in San Diego County along the Southern California coast, between Orange County to the north and the metropolitan area of San Diego to the south. The district is approximately 35 miles north of San Diego and 90 miles south of Los Angeles. The District includes the cities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, Solana Beach, Del Mar, the unincorporated areas of La Costa, Olivehain, and portions of Carmel Valley and Camp Pendleton Marine Base.
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.