Join the Kurt J. Lesker Company (KJLC) in Enabling Technology for a Better World. We are seeking a Repair Service Technician to join our Vacuum Services department located at our Global headquarters in Jefferson Hills, PA. KJLC is a growing global manufacturer and distributor of vacuum technology.
The Repair Service Technician is responsible for evaluating and repairing a variety of mechanical vacuum pumps and devices. This person will apply their mechanical and technical aptitudes along with experience to appropriately disassemble, clean, evaluate, repair, test, and paint these associated mechanical vacuum pumps and devices daily. They will assure that vacuum pumps being processed through the KJLC Vacuum Pump Repair Division are serviced and repaired in a quality, safe, and efficient manner.
Key Job Elements:
• Utilize appropriate documents and operating system.
• Make sure all internal and external customers’ needs are satisfied in an effective and reliable manner.
• Be able to read and understand KJLC part numbers and product descriptions.
• Evaluate and repair products as required and as outlined in applicable work instructions or schematics.
• Maintain a daily activity log by utilizing the PC, Terminal, and Hand Scanner with associated jobs performed and related times as well as indirect time and task.
• Able to react to changes in productivity and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
• Read basic measuring devices such as micrometer, caliper, and tape/rulers.
• Schedule repair and maintenance of equipment associated with department.
• Maintain a high awareness of safety not only for the individual but for others.
• Observe all safety rules both written and unwritten.
• Operate simple & complex machinery such as grinders, simple lathe, wet blast equipment, chemical washer, Paint Booth, Gantry and other motorized cranes, etc.
• Work with basic hand tools
• Interface with different areas and personnel of the KJL Company to accomplish tasks that may be beyond the capabilities of the service center.
• Assist in the instruction and training of other personnel.
• Perform housekeeping
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to visually inspect items
• Ability to listen for defective operating items
• Ability to work around a variety of particulates, lubricants, and chemicals
• Ability to follow product schematics (parts/electronic)
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Axapta)
• Ability to bend, stoop, squat, twist and lift up to and including 60 lbs. unassisted. Assistance must be used for any items over this weight. Assistance is always required for anything weighing over 60 lbs.
• Technical Certificate or Degree from an approved institution / association
• Prior work experience in a related industry
• Flexible hours of operation
Kurt J. Lesker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.