1) 70%Â The technician will be expected to be involved in animal set up for imaging of mice, rats and rabbits including, animal anesthesia, preparation of single cell suspensions from tumor tissue, intraperitoneal/Subcutaneous injection of hydration solutions to the animal, animal tail vein catheterization, tumor immobilization and urethral cannulation.
2) 20%Â Placement of the animal in various imaging resonators for electron paramagnetic resonance imaging andÂ cell culture.
3) 10% Organize data for presentation in weekly lab meetings. Development of new protocols. Â Generate written manuscripts of findings for publications.
1) Working with animals and physiological measurements, e.g., EKG, blood pressure, core temperature.
2) Instrumentation experience. Interest in learning simple MATLAB script creation.
3) Organizational communication skills
4)Â Ability to work independently and ability to prepare reports on experiments Â confidentiality/discretion
5)Â Â Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks in a competent and professional manner ability to solve problems independently
6) Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.Â Â
1)Bachelor's degree or higher in related field such as biology, or bioengineering related to the conducted research.
1) Working with animals such as mice.
Â 2) Basic computer knowledge (e.g. familiarity with EXCEL and MS Word, etc.).
2) Reference Contact Information
NOTE: Â When applying, all requirement documents MUST Â be uploaded under Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08135
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.
BACK TO TOP
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.