The Program in Biomineralization Studies, in the Department of Urology and Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences has an opening for a professional researcher series position at UCSF. The applicant must have a PhD in Reproductive & Developmental Biology, with specific training and expertise in Bone Biology. Applicant must have grant and manuscript writing expertise, design and conduct research experiments, analyze experimental data, interpret the results and troubleshooting problems. Applicant must be able to supervise and train postdoctoral fellows, predoctoral students and technicians along with establishing safety protocols for the laboratory. Applicant must specifically be skillful in performing the following tasks including:
• Basic histology: including tissue preparation, staining, imaging and data quantification using software.
• Immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization (ISH): select antibodies, design oligo probes (for ISH), staining, imaging and data quantification
• Bone and biomineral histomorphometry, including hard tissue preparation, special staining and measurements
Basic Cell & Molecular Biology Techniques
• DNA, RNA extraction
• Transfection and luciferase assay
• Microarrays (short experience)
• Cell cultures, such as primary bone cell cultures and cell lines.
• Maintaining transgenic mouse colonies for experiments
• Micro CT measurements (bone structure, short experience)
• DEXA (bone density, short experience)
• Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy – FTIR
• Scanning electron microscopy – SEM
• Correlative microscopy
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02835. Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.