In-house, technical support department has an immediate opening for a full time Product Support & Sales Technician. This position has great advancement opportunities and is ideal for a career minded candidate that wants to grow in the performance automotive industry. If you currently work the counter of a chain auto parts store and you have a passion for the performance automotive industry, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
The primary job function is to provide exceptional customer support via phone, email and digital channels for Memphis-based manufacturer of performance automotive products. Outgoing personality, professional work ethic, strong communication skills and customer-service focus are a "must". Candidate will need to be able to work in a fast paced call center-type environment; limited travel required to enthusiast events & races.
- Pleasant, friendly, professional business work ethic, good work and communication skills, both verbal and written including basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Requires basic mechanical, automotive related experience aptitude and/or skills
- Full-time position with hours that will vary between: 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. CST - Monday through Friday, with an occasional Saturday required. Weekend work providing sales/technical support at various trade/race events around the country (travel by automobile and airplane) both during the week and weekends when necessary
- Minimum of a H.S. Diploma and a good driving record required; college degree, motorsports experience or automotive mechanical knowledge a plus
- Ability to provide product information, recommendations and troubleshoot problems with customers; as well as make the sale when appropriate
- Able to speak clearly and concisely to both individuals and large groups, handle customer requirements including problem solving in a professional business manner
- In-depth product training will be provided on Valve Train, Drivetrain, Fuel Injection & Electronics, Nitrous Oxide Systems, Cylinder Heads and all other COMP Performance group product lines. Prior knowledge is not absolutely required - only a strong interest & desire to learn
Candidates must be within commuting distance to Memphis, Tennessee or willing to relocate. Applications may be picked up at the COMP Cams, 3406 Democrat Rd, Memphis, TN, 38118 or submit resume via email with the subject header of Product Support Technician. No phone calls please.
Extremely competitive compensation that includes a base pay, performance incentives and growth tracks; benefits are provided. Benefits for full-time employees include medical insurance, retirement plan and paid vacations/holidays. Pre-employment drug screening and background check required. This position is located in our Memphis, TN headquarters.
About COMP Cams / COMP Performance Group
The COMP Performance Group, based in Memphis, TN, is the parent company of leading performance automotive brands such as COMP Cams, TCI Automotive, FAST, ZEX Nitrous, Racing Head Service and more. For additional information about our brands and their products visit www.compperformancegroup.com.
BACK TO TOP
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.