Under the general supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, this position will serve as the functional lead for Financial aid related systems including but not limited to Ellucian (SunGard) Banner Financial aid system. The position provides critical information systems support to the daily operations of the USC Upstate Financial Aid Office through consultation, data analysis, data maintenance and information systems process development. Participate regularly in Banner training and contribute to the processing of Financial Aid within the Banner system. Positively communicate and collaborate with the Financial Aid staff on Banner system and training needed. Advise the Financial Aid Office on the introduction of new updates/processes in Banner to keep pace with federal regulation requirements. Take a leadership role in the review and evaluation of the use of the Banner system for the Financial Aid Office and make recommendations for change if required. Performs FA counseling to prospects, parents, students, faculty and staff.
- Responsible for the implementation process and training within the Banner system as well as providing guidance and direction to the Financial Aid Office by communicating recommendations for change by continually evaluating the Banner system.
- Oversees all technology use and development, inclusive of Financial Aid systems and procedure enhancement, for the efficient delivery of Financial Aid.
- Works with the University IT Department to coordinate all technical issues and projects related to Financial Aid and coordinate and test periodic patches to the Banner Financial Aid system.
- Leads all reporting, automation, testing and system development efforts of the Financial Aid Office.
- Coordinates annual configuration updates and changes for each academic year to keep pace with federal regulation requirements. Investigates and proposes enhancements to the Financial Aid delivery system.
- Creates and runs queries, reports, analyzes data, and audits business processes as needed by staff.
- Troubleshoots, researches, and proposes solutions for any Financial Aid systems issues that are reported.
- Performs daily technology related functions including electronic data reporting to and from various external organizations.
- Liaison with other offices such as Registrar, Business Office, Admissions and IT to ensure Financial Aid procedures support University enrollment and retention efforts.
- Assists with counseling students prospective and current as well as parents, faculty and staff.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems or related field and 1 year related work experience or high school diploma and 8 years related work experience; or equivalency. Successful background check is required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 53787
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.