This position will be working a night shift. Hours - 7:00 pm - 7:15 am on the Rotating Pitman scheduling system.
Under limited supervision, perform skilled work involving the operation, maintenance, repair, alteration and additions to Data Center systems including but not limited to, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical building systems, building furnishings and site improvements.
1. Perform preventative/predictive maintenance on, troubleshoot, repair, install and operate various types of HVAC-related equipment, emergency generators, and general building mechanical, electrical, plumbing equipment, electronic components, and general building control systems in accordance with industry standards and mechanical, electrical, plumbing and building codes. Ensure the root cause of facility problems are identified and repaired quickly.
2. Must have Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/ STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handing units and CRAC units.
3. Operate, monitor, maintain and respond immediately to abnormal conditions in facilities systems.
4. Perform general building maintenance and repair such as drywall, masonry, painting, ceilings, roofing, tile, carpets, windows and other related items.
5. Monitor the work of, communicate effectively with, and/or assist others, including contractors, engaged in maintenance, construction and operation activities. Ensure work is completed in compliance with contract terms and conditions and in accordance with company safety, security, environmental and conduct rules.
6. Conduct daily inspections of all data center infrastructure equipment. Provide systems availability monitoring and reporting. Maintain records, including inspection documentation, and submit reports as required.
7. Ensure Computerized Maintenance Management System data accuracy.
8. Possess initiative with the ability to handle multiple projects at any given time.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum two (2) year's experience as a Building Maintenance Technician A or at least five (5) years equivalent experience in HVAC, electrical, plumbing or carpentry.
Licenses/Certifications: Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
Other Requirements - Additional Information
Successful completion of the Construction and Skilled Trades test (CAST) is required.(A review of employment testing information, test-taking tips, and a CAST practice test may be helpful. A link to these materials may be found at AEP.com/careers by selecting 'Employment Testing', or by copying/pasing the following hyperlink into your web browser: http://www.aep.com/careers/EmploymentTest.aspx.)
Must be a licensed electrician, a licensed HVAC technician, have a CFC refrigerant certification or have relevant proven knowledge and have performed required duties. (Available licenses vary by State)
CRAC technical training / certification from the OEM equipment manufacture along with UPS system training / certification from the OEM manufactures preferred. Must be willing to pursue the certification.
Overtime required. Overnight travel may be required. As a member of an on-call rotation, provide emergency response as needed and provide Holiday coverage as required. Shift, evening, and weekend work is required.
Requires working indoors and outdoors in all weather.
Possess excellent verbal, written, organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
Requires the ability to utilize a computer.
Residence within 45 minutes safe driving time of reporting location preferred.
This position requires lifting, moving and carrying equipment up to and in excess of 50 lbs.
Work at heights.
Internal Number: 20458
About American Electric Power (AEP)
AEP is one of the largest electric utilities in the U.S., serving nearly 5.4 million customers in 11 states. We own:•A more than 40,000-mile electricity transmission network – the largest in the nation.•More 765-kilovolt extra-high voltage transmission lines than all other U.S. transmission systems combined.•Approximately 26,000 megawatts of generating capacity.Our major businesses include:Regulated Utility Operations - Seven regional electric utilities serving customers across 11 states. Transmission - The nation's strongest transmission network, with a national vision for the country's power grid. Power Generation - One of the nation's largest, most efficient, and most innovative generation fleets. AEP Energy Partners - Providing electric supply to customers in deregulated electricity markets.
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.