Perform skilled work requiring a degree of technical knowledge in the maintenance, installation and repair of HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC and HVAC support equipment as recommended by the equipment manufacturer and/or as deemed necessary from past experience.
- Repair, overhaul and maintain components of HVAC equipment such as motors, pumps, valves (automatic and manual), pneumatic and electronic controls, coils, cooling towers, condensing units, refrigeration compressors, control air compressors, heat pumps, boilers, etc.
- Monitor and maintain water treatment levels on chilled water closed loops, chilled water condenser loop and heating water closed loops.
- Monitor HVAC contractors.
- Install HVAC equipment for in-house renovation projects.
- Procure necessary parts to successfully perform job duties.
- Assist other trades in performing their duties as required.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
High school diploma and five years commercial/industrial HVAC experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiar with most current HVAC practices. Valid drivers license required. Successful background check required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 51848
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.