The Assistant Director of Client Technology Services (CTS) assists in providing primary user technology support for the university. The position serves as a primary point of contact for customer service for most university clients and as a conduit to services provided by other Information Technology Services (ITS) departments. The position is responsible for providing oversight for the operation of the ITS Help Desk, support of desktop software, management of end-user device environments used throughout the university, and management of upgrade cycles for classroom, computer lab, and faculty and staff technologies. The Assistant Director provides oversight for the support of audio/visual, classroom automation, presentation and instructional hardware, and video conferencing systems. CTS provides first-level identity management and network access control services, first-level telephony support, first-level support for specific applications, and first- and second-level learning management system support. The department provides staffing for computer labs, manages the student technician program, supports special events, and works with other units to address special technology requirements. This is a technical management position requiring a broad range of communication, planning and management skills, and both broad and specific technical knowledge and skills.
The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Client Technology Services. The Assistant Director works closely with the Director of CTS to provide the end-user technology support required to fulfill the university's mission, and assists in providing infrastructure support for other departments within the division.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit:
Primary Support Contact – CTS serves as the primary point of contact for technology support for clients across the entire university. The Assistant Director works with the Director to ensure that CTS is equipped to provide efficient customer service in a timely manner, and works with other ITS leadership as necessary to manage and provide most client interaction on behalf of other departments in the division. This position assists in implementing the defined procedures for which requests should be routed to other ITS departments, and monitors the adherence to those defined procedures. This position assists with implementing the ongoing development of support processes and both internal and user-facing documentation, the appropriate and timely training of CTS staff, and the necessary educational opportunities and support of CTS staff. The Assistant Director performs regular assessments of CTS needs and works with the Director to address those needs as appropriate. The Assistant Director also assists the Director with performing regular service-level assessments to identify trends, issues, and opportunities. This position will assist in collaborating with the leaders of colleges and departments as an ITS liaison to identify needs, to assist in planning and problem resolution, and to provide a vehicle for consistent and effective communication.
Internal job number: 008509
· An undergraduate degree related to the duties and responsibilities of the position
· 5 years of progressive experience in supporting,maintaining and implementing technology, including 2 years of direct help desk experience.
· Demonstrated strong customer service orientation
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
· Demonstrated strong written communication skills, especially in the area of documentation and review of processes
· Demonstrated experience with assessment tools
· Demonstrated experience in fostering team building and spirit within a department
· Demonstrated experience in partnering with other units
· Technical knowledge of desktop management and technology support
· Knowledge of information technology infrastructure and processes
· A combination of education and experience relevant to the position may be considered
· Advanced degree related to the duties and responsibilities of the position · 5 years of progressive experience in supporting,maintaining and implementing technology in higher education. Including 2 years of direct help desk experience. · Working knowledge of enterprise and collaboration applications such as Office 365 and G Suites, Blackboard, Banner, identity management, and telephony and video conferencing systems with the ability to provide Tier II support for these applications
· Knowledge of ticketing systems and incident management systems
· Project Management Skills and the ability to effectively manage resources and establish priorities
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach a DD 214 form. Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty with your application during the process of applying to the job posting. Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks.
North Carolina A&T State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
North Carolina A&T State University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. No one who applies or seeks employment will be denied admission to or employment at North Carolina A&T State University on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or sexual orientation and sexual identity.
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is one of the nation’s most highly respected doctoral research, land-grant institutions. With an enrollment of almost 11,000 students, we are committed to fulfilling our mission through exemplary undergraduate and graduate instruction, scholarly and creative research, and effective public service. As a member of the A&T family you will be an integral part of its history and future – joining more than 1,800 current faculty and staff. You will be expected to be a leader and mentor. You will influence the minds that will affect our world. As a change agent, you will use your intellect and influence to make a positive impact on the greater A&T community. A&T will be more than your job, it will become your passion—and that commitment to yourself and others will last a lifetime. Because that’s what Aggies Do!
BACK TO TOP
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.