Hankey's Radio Inc. is seeking to add a technician to our service team. Since 1922 we have serviced radio communications equipment. Our technicians work on a wide range of electronic equipment centered on Motorola Two-way Radio Systems. Major systems include: ASTRO25 and Astro 7.x Simulcast Trunking Systems. Microwave Radios and Bi-directional Amplifiers, to computers and small LANs, you don't get bored, you get challenged.
Qualifications: * Experience with Motorola Systems and two-way Radios is preferred and a plus.
* Military, commercial training in electronics, ETA-I CETa, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+, Cisco CCNA, network experience/certifications a plus.
* Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees, work without direct supervision, have a valid driver’s license, and are a US Citizen.
* Ability to use electronic test equipment; Aeroflex 3900 skills are a plus, Antrisu Sitemaster skills are a plus, spectrum analyzers, watt meters, transmission test sets, frequency counters, T1 test kits, power meters...etc. NEC and/or Harris microwave equipment experience a plus.
** Technicians are required to become ETA-I Certified Electronics Technicians within one year of hire. Company provides study materials and testing. Duties:
*Technicians work both in the field and on the bench. All tools and test equipment provided.
* Establishes radio system by installing transmitters, receivers, mountings, and supports; programming equipment and making adjustments to bring performance within specifications; following industry standards; coordinating with contractors.
*Change out network routers and switches to include reloading basic configuration and updating OS image.
* Plans radio installations by assessing installation site; studying technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools.
* Maintains and improves service by completing preventive maintenance requirements; verifying problems with users; diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing problems; replacing and upgrading components; referring to schematics, manuals, and manufacturers' instructions; updating equipment records.
*Program radios and ancillary equipment.
*Update customer database information.
*Qualified System Technicians rotate on call duties about 1 week out of the month and will periodically attend in and out-of-state equipment and system training.
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional. ETA offers over 80 accredited, vendor-neutral certification programs in a variety of technology fields such as fiber optics, communications, electronics, biomedical, smart home, and renewable energy.
ETA aligns with the ISO 17024 standard, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, and publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest ETA news and offers!
Members can access the Members Only area for issues of the High Tech News, practice exams, and more. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Ready for a career change? Sign up for ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC)! ETA offers employers and job seekers a FREE way to connect and match skills with the most in-demand careers available.
Trapeza Online Testing
Sign in to ETA's online testing center to take scheduled exams, view scores, and review certifications.