Position Summary: Service Technicians (ST) are responsible for preventative maintenance, electrical safety inspection, and repair of fitness, physical therapy, and biomedical equipment in customer clinics, hospitals, and universities. STs are also responsible for actively communicating with clinic managers in a timely manner to schedule and service equipment to highest standards.
There is no minimum education requirement for this position. However, training from an A.S. Electronics, Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent formal military technical training program is preferred, but not required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to read and follow instructions.
· Knowledge of basic electronic operations and principles.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships that represent that organization in a professional manner
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Ability to document repair actions, and submit reports on schedule
· Ability to maintain approved parts inventory
· Knowledge of a wide range of electronic principles and practices, operating parameters, capabilities, and limitations of electronic systems associated with complex medical systems/equipment; and of systems and component design, capabilities, configurations, limitations, and functional operation; and of various types of electronic logic
· Well organized with excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Fast learner who is comfortable working independently that also has experience working in a team to deliver a solution-based service to customers
· Ability to communicate highly technical issues to a customer in an easy to understand manner.
· Experience with all Google cloud-based systems.
· Experience in a management or supervisor role
· Experience scheduling your own work
· Customer service experience
· Experience repairing fitness, physical therapy, biomedical equipment ranging from treadmills and ellipticals on the fitness side to ultrasound units and hand dynamometers on the biomedical side.
Work will be accomplished in various departments of the medical treatment facility or logical extension of the facility (i.e., satellite clinic, health and wellness centers). Occasionally work will be on live electrical wires, switches, and transformers of various voltage levels, exposing the worker to the possibility of shock, cuts, bruises, scrapes and serious burns. Exposure to ionizing and non-ionizing radiation is possible, employees shall use appropriate safety procedures and devices as required.
The nature of the work requires moderate physical effort. The biomedical equipment technician frequently is required to lift, carry or otherwise, handle, items weighing up to 70 pounds with occasional encounters involving items greater than 70 pounds. Frequent standing, walking, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and working in cramped and awkward positions for prolonged periods is required. Frequent travel, inclusive of local driving is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
A valid driver’s license is required.
* The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Kervick-Wright Technical Services has over 25 years of experience in providing repair, maintenance and logistical services for rehabilitation clinics and health facilities. Our commitment to customer service and our technical expertise is unparalleled.
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional.
ETA aligns with ISO 17024 standards, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, speaking engagements, books, and other publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Members can access the Members Only area for current and past issues of The High-Tech News, practice exams, and other member benefits. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Mobilize your success with ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC). We offer employers and job seekers a way to connect professionals with the most in-demand careers available. Resume and job postings are FREE.