Responsible for the installation, repair, and routine or emergency maintenance of building access control, security devices and door/lock hardware.
1. Install, test, and maintain the functionality of all field devices related to the campus ID-card access-control system including IP based access-control platforms, wireless systems and stand-alone systems.
2. Installation of data cabling, wiring, control panels, electronic door locks, readers, door position switches, and other door hardware related to the campus card-access-control system.
3. Repair of electronic access-control devices.
4. Keeps records related to the work and prepares and submits reports as requested.
5. Coordinate and communicate with customers and team on the status of projects.
6. Track hardware inventory.
7. Performs other duties assigned.
High school graduation or GED. Three years of related experience including card access control systems, wiring, electronic diagnosis and maintenance and lock hardware installation/maintenance.
More than three years of experience. Security project lead experience and certifications in access control, CBORD access-control systems (Squadron platform, AD series, Wireless infrastructure, PIMs, etc.), or other security related systems. Associate Degree in electronics and/or computer hardware.
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1)Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Open Until Filled: No