Product Engineer – Recent Graduate
We move atoms that move the world.
At Lam Research, we create equipment that allows chipmakers to build device features more than 1,000 times smaller than a grain of sand. This tiny scale has a huge impact. Virtually every leading-edge chip inside the electronic products you use every day (TVs, smartphones, laptops, cars—even medical devices) has been made using our equipment.
As one of the world’s most trusted suppliers in the semiconductor equipment industry, we’re transforming technology. Our equipment places atoms so precisely that nearly every chip today is made using our innovations.
This success is enabled by our world-class employees, who are the reason why nearly every chip today is built with Lam technology. At Lam, we know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to the company’s continued growth, and we are committed to providing you with the resources and career path opportunities you seek.
But our real strength is our team. At Lam, we are all Atom Engineers. Whether you’re in operations, supply chain management, or customer support; whether you’re an engineer, a technician, or a specialist; whether you’re a senior leader or recent grad, you’re helping our customers manipulate the tiny building blocks of atoms … and move the world.
To build a prosperous career, start with an atom.
Transitioning from school to “real life” can be daunting. But you’re armed with education, passion, and—if you join our team—a support system that will help you launch what’s next.
Our Internships and New College Graduates (NCG) programs supplement your education and support your continued career development. Whether you’re an intern or a recent grad, you’ll find opportunities at Lam Research for hands-on learning alongside talented, world-class experts.
Some job duties can include:
- Manages new product introduction and production support engineering for a specific product group of products after transfer from design to in-house or outsourced production
- Interfaces with design, process, test, reliability and manufacturing engineering to solve product issues and production problems
- Develops and sustains process improvements to reduce production costs and increase yields
Your resume is about to get a lot longer (in a good way).
For recent grads, Lam Research is a career launch pad. We offer unique opportunities for growth through our New College Graduates (NCG) program, starting you on the right career path while you work closely with some of the most talented people in the industry. We combine educational training with hands-on opportunities to bring new graduates like you the challenging, dynamic experiences that will set you up for the rest of your career.
- Obtaining a degree in chemical engineering, materials science, physics, electrical, mechanical, chemistry or related field
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Evidence of strong analytical, problem solving, influence, teamwork, business partnering, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge in process development and interest in the semiconductor industry
- A genuine interest in advanced technology and an on-going desire to learn