- HS Diploma with 3+ experience with reactive chemistry in pilot or production plant or synthesis laboratory. Or Associates Degree or certification in Chemistry or related field with practical laboratory or pilot plant experience is required.
- Working knowledge of chemical equations, reactive chemistry, pH, and physical chemistry effects on materials required.
- Prior experience with computer based process control systems and Microsoft based programs (Excel, Access, Word) including file transfer and organization required
- Must be able to lift 20 Kg, handle 55-gal drums on occasion.
- Willing to handle OSHA hazardous materials including mutagens, carcinogens, developmental toxins
- Must have flexibility to adapt to changing work schedules and functional areas from week to week with frequent afternoon shift requirements and occasional midnight shift and overtime requirements.
- Familiarity with P&IDs, PFDs, PHA, HAZOPs (or similar), Management of Change, SDS desired
- Knowledge and experience with process control, interlocks, pumps, vacuum jets desired
- Safe chemical handling certification and ability to operate Fork Lift desired