Land Mobile (Two-WayRadio) Communications Technician
Canyon State Wireless is a Motorola Authorized Two-way RadioDealer, Motorola Authorized Radio System Specialists, Motorola NetworkSolutions Provider, Certified Service Center and a Motorola Premier ServiceProvider in Arizona.
We are currently accepting applications for Land MobileCommunications Technicians who are proficient in the system design,installation, optimization and maintenance/repair of land mobile two-way radiosystems.Must befamiliar with supporting a public safety agencies environment such as DOD,Federal, State, County and Local Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS. Qualified applicant must be able toremain calm and organized under high stress situations such as catastrophicfailures in PSAP’s, other public safety, and industrial environments.
· Dispatch Consoles such as Motorola MCC7500, MCC5500, Gold Elite, DIU's
··Wireline command and control such astone/dc/digital remote control.
· Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint products such as Canopy, Cambium, Microwave Networks, Ubiquiti, etc.
· Multiplexers, DSU’s & CSU’s.
· Basic telephone operations such as 4-wire, tip and ring, battery, etc.
· PC’s and Operating Systems.
· Networkingtechnology such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, Domains and Workgroups.
· E911 systems such as Plant and Positron.
· Voice Logging Recorders.
· The above tasks require use of digital voltmeters, power meters,communications service monitors, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes,TIM’s, TDR’s, hand and power tools.
Experience /Education / Certifications
· At least two years of experience in design, installation or maintenanceof RF systems.
· Basic electronics training from a technical school, college, military orother qualified locations.
· Must have or be able to successfully pass and obtain the test for ETACertified Electronics Technician with Wireless or USMSS journeymancertification
· Be proficient in technical writing, verbal communications,problemsolving, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision, eitherindependently or as part of a team in a rapidly changing technical environment.
· US Citizenship, Legal Resident status or current valid employmenteligibility under prevailing US immigration law.
· Required to pass a criminal background check and drug urinalysis.
· Ability to work inside and outside in all weather conditions, especiallyheat.
· Drive long distances on unimproved roadways, mountain roads, and work inisolated areas.
· Ability to do extensive stair and ladder climbing and prolonged periodsof walking on hard smooth finishes, uneven surfaces, and while carryingequipment, supplies and/or tools.
· Ability to perform regular and often prolonged bending, climbing,crawling, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching and stooping.
· Ability to work with heights, atop buildings and communications towers(tower climbing skills / certifications not required – training will beprovided if capable).
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
· Evening, weekend or on call hours may be required.
· Bilingual (English / Spanish) helpful, but not a requirement.
Benefits and Compensation
· Salary negotiable based on experience, education, and geographical area.