Lead, develop and implement cost-effective automated methods of testing and troubleshooting printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs). This test equipment consists of electrical measurement and controls, mechanical fixtures and test software which are used in global manufacturing facilities to produce Rockwell Automation products.
- Provide technical leadership for continuously improving the speed, cost and quality of the processes involved in the automated testing of new PCBA pilots and prototypes. Address product testability and required test deliverables.
- Actively participate in the new product design evaluation process. Provide design for test feedback and or requirements to the product team during the design phase to assure testability and test coverage as part of the PCBA validation plan. Based on the design requirements develop a plan to test PCBAs. Manage and communicate project timelines and action plans effectively to deliver cost-effective test solutions on schedule and within budget.
- Assist in development and implementation of departmental strategic plans, expenses, and capital budgets. Help successfully manage production and test strategies to meet financial objectives. Prepare capital project budgets and maintain cash flow responsibly.
- Develop and implement strategies for the procurement and installation of all PCBA test related capital equipment required for Rockwell production facilities. Procure, consolidate, and retire capital test equipment.
- Responsible for design of electrical circuitry, properly sizing components and working with vendors to develop test fixtures. Selects proper test strategies based on test coverage requirements to ensure a safe, reliable, manufacturing test solution.
- Develop and debug test software and hardware using the In-Circuit and Flying Probe standard test platforms to provide a robust, reliable and repeatable manufacturing test system.
- Demonstrates competency to develop complex test approaches such as Boundary Scan, processor-controlled testing, cluster testing, and device programming using ICT test systems.
- Create and release documentation on all aspects of the test solution:
- Manufacturing Test Plan
- Test specification
- Test coverage
- Demonstrate consistent use of appropriate Lean Six Sigma tools for test equipment qualification, test system problem solving, and identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provides strategic manufacturing technical support assisting in troubleshooting complex test programs and fixtures to resolve crisis downtime situations in Rockwell Automation plants.
- Some travel is required, typically up to 10%.
- Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering (EE), Electrical Engineering Technology (EET), Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (EE/CS), equivalent education, or experience.
- 5+ years' experience as a test engineer contributor in a team oriented multiple project environment, including design and development of test equipment for production.
- Experience with Keysight 3070 In-Circuit test platform.
- Experience with Takaya Flying Probe test platform, or similar.
- Experience with development of complex test approaches such as Boundary Scan, processor-controlled testing, cluster testing, and device programming using ICT test systems.
- Experience with Test Expert design for testability analysis tool, or similar.
- Experience with independent design, development and implementation of software using programming languages such as C, C++, C#, NI Test Stand, Visual Basic, etc. a plus
- Candidate must have the ability to read and interpret new product designs consisting of electronic circuit schematics and bills of materials (BOM).
- Knowledge of electronic hardware design concepts.
- Self-directed and able to adjust to changes in priority and scope.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communications in English.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians