The Kinetix Performance Engineering Mechanical Development Engineer is responsible for leading design efforts for the development, enhancement and maintenance of Rockwell Automation Kinetix AC Servo Motors and Drives.
The Mechanical Development Engineer works closely with other cross-functional team members within the Business and reports to the Engineering Manager.
Utilizes product return data to identify potential design improvements, validate and implement design enhancements for AC Servo Motors and Drives.
Evaluates the root cause of product failures and disposition the product anomalies.
Identifies the cost saving opportunities, develops and implements the new design solutions for AC Servo Motors and Drives.
Utilizes customer requirement documentation to design and release AC Servo Motors and Cables and Accessories for Customer special product requests.
Provides mechanical engineering support to Rockwell Automation's global manufacturing facilities for AC Servo Motors and Drives. Implement product changes to drive manufacturing efficiency and lower cost manufacturing.
Provides mechanical engineering support to ensure that Rockwell Automation's AC Servo Motors and Drives achieve their intended product lifecycle by managing component obsolescence and agency certification.
Coordinates engineering changes across global locations that include the phase in and phase out of components.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in product development or Continuation/Sustaining Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of Pro/E design experience.
- Experienced in CAD/CAE engineering environments and document control within an ERP system.
- Ability to translate customer requirement documentation into design solution options.
- Must have the ability to conceptualize designs and improve on existing products.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of injection-molded thermoplastics and sheet metal manufacturing methods. Must also possess a broad understanding of additional piece-part fabrication techniques such as castings, extrusions, machining, stamping, etc.
- Experienced in designing and implementing engineering changes that include material disposition.
- Experienced with agency approval requirements and designing for codes such as UL, NEMA, IEC, etc.
- Must understand and practice laboratory procedures for the safe and efficient use of electrical power, rotating machinery, hand tools, power tools, and general laboratory cleanliness.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment and have the ability to communicate at a technical level.
- Must work well in a team environment and interface with other functional groups such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing, Purchasing and outside suppliers.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and documentation skills in order to clearly convey status updates, technical issues, design alternatives, etc.
- Must be able to create and manage a project activity list that includes estimated activity duration and required resources.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Etc.
- Course work toward a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated competencies in motor mechanical, electro-magnetic and electrical design
- Demonstrated competencies in electronic packaging requirements and design.
- Familiar with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) symbol usage and interpretation.
- Experienced with Tolerance stack-up analysis
- Familiar with ANSYS FEA and CFD analysis tools
- Familiar with Allen-Bradley AC Servo Motors and AC Servo Drives
- Experienced with SAP and SAP CAD Integration features.
- Familiar with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Six Sigma tools and techniques.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.