Information Technology Services at the University of Tennessee at Martin is accepting applications for an MFD Technician. This position provides team leadership for the design, installation, training, maintenance, and administration of the Multifunction and Digital Imaging area of ITS. This position also provides service and support for printing and scanning devices on the UTM campus. This includes, but is not limited to, multifunction copiers and printers, laser jet and inkjet printers, and scanners. This position must remain knowledgeable about new and emerging technologies within the MFD and printing domain, and continue to be innovative in order to provide the highest quality service and support. This position will also be responsible for making recommendations to campus units that will improve business processes, reduce costs, and create improvements to enable more effective ways to distribute, manage, and organize documents with the aid of their multifunction device. Finally, this position will be responsible for providing backup tier 3 technical support and maintenance to the campus community.
* Administration, management, and service of all multifunction and digital imaging devices on the UTM campus
* Setup new MFD and configuration for campus departments
* Provide MFD hardware and software diagnostics and problem resolution
* Provide consulting and training for campus departments
* Supervise the multifunction and digital imaging service area which includes managing and supervising personnel as well as spare parts and device inventory
* Provide Tier 3 technical service and support for OS configuration, software installations, hardware, etc.
* Research and test new innovative copying, scanning, and printing solutions
* Create service and support documentation for the TSS knowledgebase
* Provide service and support on all multifunction and digital imaging devices, including preventative maintenance, repair, and component upgrades