Minimum five years related experience in HVAC maintenance, operation, and repair of complex building systems. Experience with the daily operation of Siemens Building Management Systems required. Working knowledge of airflow principles and IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) issues required.
Must possess a current State driver's license.
Must possess a current EPA CFC Refrigeration Transition and Recovery Certificate
Must possess a current State trade license in a relevant HVAC specialty. Selected Siemens technician certifications and experience may be considered in lieu of this license requirement.
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, operating manuals and other technical materials required. Demonstrated ability to follow complex instructions and to exercise sound judgement in performance of routine and emergency assignments with minimal direct supervision or oversight required. Must be able to effectively communicate with peers and customers, clearly and professionally at all times. Must demonstrate initiative, ownership of outcomes, and customer-focused approach to all work assignments. Must be able to work both independently and as effective member of a team and in conjunction with other trades and support personnel.
Technology Skills Required:
Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of Siemens DDC - Building Management Systems (Direct Digital Controls), includes: generating activity and trend reports, modifying points, schedules, and alarms. Demonstrated proficiency with electronic mail, MS® Office, and related desktop computing applications required.
· Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices, perform work in accordance with recognized trade and university standards.
· Must supply a complete set of hand tools.
· Required to wear appropriate safety equipment and clothing at all times.
· Must be willing to work in research laboratory environments and around hazardous materials.
· May be required to pass a Respiratory Physical and certification for use of a respirator.
· Must be willing to accept a reasonable amount of overtime in support of group business needs.
· Required to wear a clean, neat uniform and maintain a professional image at all times.
· A current home address and telephone number must be provided and maintained as a condition of employment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. And transport piping and equipment in excess of 200 lbs. with others. May use chain falls and come alongs for heavier lifting. Must be able to push and pull heavy loads as listed. Must be able to stoop and bend for long periods of time and work on hands and knees and other awkward positions for extended periods, routinely walk to and from various buildings carrying tools, equipment and other essentials to the job site. Ability to work alone and climb multiple sets of stairs, work of ladders, staging, lifts, etc.
Emergency Status Designation:
Critical Operations Personnel
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.