Posting Number: S004653
Full Time/Part Time: Full-time
Department: South Zone Maintenance Svcs:H0561
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervises staff in assigned zone in the installation, repair, cleaning and maintenance of university facilities, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, and mechanical and electrical devices. Coordinates complex jobs, ongoing maintenance activities, scheduled moves, event setup and inspects custodial work in assigned zone.
1. Supervises facilities staff in the assigned zone, providing work direction, inspections, training and scheduling.
2. Reviews upcoming jobs, produces material lists, notifies other crafts needing to be involved and proposes integrated work schedules.
3. Oversees large or complex jobs, coordinating activities from start to finish.
4. May perform duties of a carpenter, electrician, mechanical and HVAC technician, painter, plumber, laborer and /or exterior maintenance technician, and assists other shops as needed.
5. Provides training and technical direction to staff, including instruction in trade practices and safety procedures.
6. Approves time-sheets, maintains payroll records, conducts performance appraisals and makes recommendations on promotions, hires, and terminations.
7. Orders tools, equipment and supplies, and ensures best value. May assist manager with department supply budget.
8. May be considered essential personnel and may be assigned to serve on special task force during periods of emergency.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires specialized training in basic trades, principles, procedures, practice, routines or techniques in a specific area or trade which might normally be acquired through up to 18 months of education or training beyond the high school level.
Vocational competence in the operation of mechanical or electronic equipment may be required.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
The University of Houston is a Tobacco free campus.