| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the Supervisor. The Administrative Assistant will also support the efforts of the Consortium for Clean Coal Utilization (CCCU), in collaboration with other faculty and staff of the Consortium.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the Supervisor in efforts to plan and coordinate activities of the CCCU, including strategic and long-range plans.
- Draft and finalize letters/emails for the Supervisor. Professionally format Word documents and PowerPoint presentations for meetings, etc.
- Ensure communications of the CCCU are up-to-date and high quality, including 1) maintain and updating the CCCU website and brochure, 2) prepare CCCU Newsletter, 3) proactively identify areas of weakness in communications and 4) work with the university personnel to maximize publicity of the CCCU.
- Act as daily contact (front desk, phone, and online) for inquiries; maintain contact information.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling, meeting support, reimbursement form processes, and copying. Prepare mailings (electronic and hardcopy), manage incoming mail and email; conduct mail merges; organizing electronic and hardcopy files.
- Assist Supervisor in academic functions, e.g., update Supervisor's C.V., maintain calendar, schedule group meetings, prepare travel expense reports, update lab web page, etc.
- Assist others associated with the CCCU, including, Research Manager, Lab Technician and Research Professors. Maintain budget information for CCCU.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma with two years’ related administrative experience in higher education, business or non-profit environment. Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
College degree with three to five years administrative experience, preferably in an academic environment. Experience with updating and maintaining websites. Experience with communications (e.g., newsletters and press releases).
Excellent organizational, file management, and calendar management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks that are subject to interruptions. Ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment. Superior interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to use good judgment, discretion, and maintain confidentiality. Must be a self-starter and be able to prioritize workload and have good communication skills.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits.� Please visit our website at hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
The hiring range for this position is $15.37 - $21.14 per hour.
This position is part-time and works approximately 20 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.