| McKinstry FMS, LLC – a Division of Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions – is currently seeking a Critical Facility Engineer to join their Cheyenne, WY team.|
Relocation assistance is available for those looking to relocate to the Cheyenne, WY/Fort Collins, CO area. Like the Charlotte, San Antonio, Des Moines, Salt Lake City and Denver markets, the Cheyenne area is a growing market for the Data Center industry and McKinstry is an integral piece of that growth.
Are you looking for an opportunity with a company that cares? Do you have HVAC or electrical experience? McKinstry is looking for a Critical Facility Engineer responsible for preventive maintenance and troubleshooting to join their Data Center team. Tired of being in the weather, driving and inconsistent work schedules? This position offers ample opportunities for growth and stability. Not only will you grow your technical skills, but you will also improve your knowledge of facility systems infrastructure and maintenance in a Critical Environment, increasing your value in an ever growing and demanding field.
Cheyenne is the capital and most populous city in Wyoming, but maintains the close-knit, small-town atmosphere desired by so many. Cheyenne is a city where everyone lends a helping hand, commutes are light, and community leaders are focused on the community and improving living standards. Cheyenne is a mecca for clean air, clean water, the most beautiful natural prairie scenery anywhere while offering world class mountain biking, hiking, hunting, fishing and the world's largest outdoor rodeo. Cheyenne is two hours from the Greater Denver Region and 45 minutes from Fort Collins, Colorado. Both homegrown shops and Fortune 100 companies are proud to call Cheyenne their home and have plans for large expansion projects in the near future. McKinstry's compensation is commensurate with the top companies in the state and afford their employee's the freedom to live life to the fullest. This is a rare opportunity to join a company that values employees, is located in a state with a low cost of living and ZERO state income tax, and prides itself on a strong sense of community.
Since the late 1990s, McKinstry has built an unparalleled technical competence in data center facility management, with a track record of delivering greater than 99.99 percent uptime. Brookfield GIS is Canada's leading provider of real estate management services, including facilities management, critical environments facilities management, project delivery services, energy and sustainability solutions, building performance management, workplace advisory and management, and real estate services. Together, the two entities will be one of the largest and most trusted providers of critical environment facilities management in North America. McKinstry FMS, LLC was formed to manage McKinstry's facilities management line of business and prepare for expansion.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry's professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and control systems in a critical environment facility.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency calls.
Maintain Data Center Systems
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
- Performs maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with McKinstry Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets McKinstry and Client standards.
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
- Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems typically used in critical environments.
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- 1 year experience in a Critical Environment required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
- Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Respond to off hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Recruitment for this opening is being managed by Another Source, an external firm. Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Key Words: Cheyenne, Wyoming, Fort Collins, Loveland, Colorado, Laramie, Rock Springs, 82009, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Data Center, Operations, Preventative Maintenance, Info structure, Building Systems, Controls, Automation, Facility Technician, Building Engineer, Critical Environment, Industrial, Electrician, Facilities, Stationary Engineer Apply Here