Audio/Video Distribution, Computers, Data Cabling Installer-DCIC
• Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
• Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
• Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
• Coordinate with other team members to complete projects/work orders efficiently.
•Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
• Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optical cables.
• Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
•Possession of valid Ohio State driver’s license.
QualityIP is a premier local employer with over 10 years of experience in the technology service industry. We provide IT services and solutions to local area businesses by leveraging the partnerships we have developed with other recognized technology leaders like Dell, Microsoft, Cisco and more.
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional.
ETA aligns with ISO 17024 standards, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, speaking engagements, books, and other publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Members can access the Members Only area for current and past issues of The High-Tech News, practice exams, and other member benefits. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Mobilize your success with ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC). We offer employers and job seekers a way to connect professionals with the most in-demand careers available. Resume and job postings are FREE.