This position has significant opportunity for scaling up in role and responsibility within our fast-growing Inc5000 firm. The right candidate can go far! Our Tampa office services the core of our client base located in the Southeast US.
The Structural Engineer I works in partnership with the Project Manager, Architect, and Designer and is responsible for planning, designing and directing structural engineering elements for projects.
Engineering Calculations & Design
- Concrete, Masonry, Steel and Timber design
- High-wind speed and Seismic
- Residential and commercial structures
- Analysis, reports & opinions
- Development of construction documents
- Repairs and
- Signing and Sealing
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for managing engineering projects using Deltek Vision; complete work plans; including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees and labor costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project. Responsible for financial outcome of engineering projects.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the project team.
- Participates in, and/or leads project teams.
- Assists senior management in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process.
- Assists senior management in the preparation and execution of consultant contracts.
- Assists with negotiating fees and contracts.
- Checks completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into the project and provides support as necessary.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance and quality control policies and process.
- Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior-level engineers or technicians.
- Mentors and directs the work of less-experienced staff, and may participate in professional development reviews.
- Works on developing a positive relationship of communication and trust with Clients and Clients’ employees.
- Regularly communicates with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews, and delivery of final presentation.
- Receives project direction from the Senior Architect and Senior Designer.
- Shares, tracks, and coordinates electronic documentation and files with the project team, clients and consultants.
- Assists in planning and conducting work making minor adaptations and modifications to complete construction document drawing sets.
- Meets with municipal building department and other governing agency officials to coordinate approvals or variances.
- Participates in occasional team meetings to help resolve project issues such as coordination, scheduling, and technical concerns.
- Advanced design, visual, and graphic presentation skills.
- Advanced hand and CAD drafting skills. Proficiency in Revit preferred.
- Participates in business development meetings with team leaders to target specified project, client, or market opportunities.
- Identifies new business opportunities within the context of current client relationships.
- Assists in development of fee proposals.
- May participate in selected marketing and business development opportunities.
About Fieldstone Architecture & Engineering
Fieldstone A&E, LLC is an INC5000 architecture, engineering and interior design firm focusing professional services in "The Four C's" - Custom Luxury Homes, Community Builders and Developers, Clubhouses & Amenity Structures, and Commercial Design and Planning. Fieldstone was founded by design professionals that were previously directly employed by builders. As such, we have a unique view that our clients value greatly as we fully understand their operations. We have an extremely strong culture that provides a rewarding atmosphere to work with great people that truly enjoy being part of a team. Fieldstone A&E has its corporate headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with additional offices in Tampa, and Minneapolis.http://www.inc.com/profile/fieldstone-ae
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional.
ETA aligns with ISO 17024 standards, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, speaking engagements, books, and other publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Members can access the Members Only area for current and past issues of The High-Tech News, practice exams, and other member benefits. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Mobilize your success with ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC). We offer employers and job seekers a way to connect professionals with the most in-demand careers available. Resume and job postings are FREE.