The jobholder supervises day porters, floor technicians, and any other assigned staff for all college facilities and campuses. S/he schedules and assigns work, and inspects areas to confirm tasks were completed properly. This position is responsible for overseeing the performance and reporting of service requests assigned by his/her supervisor in the college’s electronic service request system. The jobholder is responsible for maintaining the college’s buildings to the APPA standards set by the college. S/he is responsible for issuing supplies and equipment, and for maintaining records of services completed. The Custodial Services Supervisor is responsible for reporting deficiencies observed and coordinating with the custodial contractor during the assigned shift. S/he evaluates assigned personnel and makes recommendations for promotion/disciplinary actions to the Building Services Manager.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· High School Diploma GED Certificate
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· Five years of custodial supervisory experience, preferably in an educational environment.
· General knowledge and expertise in cleaning techniques
· General knowledge of custodial maintenance functions.
· Ability to lift and carry heavy and bulky objects up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to work rapidly and correctly on task requiring physical strength and stamina
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in the operations of the department
· Ability to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency.
· Demonstrated extensive knowledge for the care/cleaning of various floor finishes and surfaces, custodial products and equipment.
· Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with manager, co-workers, faculty, staff, students and the general public.
· Ability to write routine correspondence and reports.
· Ability and willingness to work any shift and at any campus as assigned.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community ...colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.
Back to top
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional.
ETA aligns with ISO 17024 standards, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, speaking engagements, books, and other publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Members can access the Members Only area for current and past issues of The High-Tech News, practice exams, and other member benefits. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Mobilize your success with ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC). We offer employers and job seekers a way to connect professionals with the most in-demand careers available. Resume and job postings are FREE.