Architectural/Building Construction Engineering Technology
Electrical/Electronics and Mechanical Engineering:
Fire Alarm Systems
- Perform new installations, retrofits, service & repairs on electronic fire alarm systems; including but not limited to EST 3, Notifier, Gamewell/FCI, Firelite, Radionics, Ademco, Silent Knight, etc.
- Troubleshoot several different systems and understand how to split a circuit to effectively troubleshoot ground faults.
- Back up other technicians for overflow calls
- Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction experience
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending training classes when offered.
- Complete monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner. Maintain accurate truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/systems, programs, and operation/product manuals. Understand the importance of providing quality service, inspections, and technical installation support.
- Adhere to all OSHA and company safety policies and procedures.
- Foster the transfer of experience and knowledge. Demonstrate cooperation, teamwork, and a commitment to professional and organizational development.
***Installation, Test & Inspection and Service positions available***
- High school diploma or equivalent, with at least 2 years of related experience in a technical field
- Experience with a large, premier, service entity preferred
- Ability to perform new installations, retrofits, service & repairs on electronic fire alarm systems; including but not limited to EST 3, Notifier, Gamewell/FCI, Firelite, Radionics, Ademco, Silent Knight
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize all tools pertaining to installation of fire alarm systems and the construction industry in general and associated safety procedures
- Ability to install, bend and rough-in EMT and rigid conduit is preferred.
- Strong leadership and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Great communication skills (verbal and in writing) for interaction with internal & external customers
- Expertise with computers particularly with Windows based software for troubleshooting and maintaining equipment.
- Detail oriented, demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with applicable codes (i.e. NFPA 72)
- State and/or local licensing preferred
- Ability to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record, we will conduct background and drug test
- Must complete Security Clearance and incumbent MUST be a U.S. Born citizen to be placed at the site
At Red Hawk Fire & Security, we install, test and inspect, integrate, service and monitor a comprehensive range of advanced technologies custom designed for your specific business needs. Our team of industry veterans brings unmatched breadth of expertise and years of hands-on experience to every solution. Our broad portfolio of life safety and security solutions employs cutting-edge technologies, ...expert application and advanced systems integration. We bring to you the flexibility in providing custom solutions and deliver exactly what all business customers need, exactly when they need it.
More than 50,000 companies and institutions across the country rely on the resources, knowledge and reach that our team delivers, and our 1,200 plus employees nationwide are ready to provide you with an unmatched customer experience.
Founded in 1978 by electronics technicians, ETA® International is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 association whose mission is to represent and support the technical professional.
ETA aligns with ISO 17024 standards, vocational and education curriculums, and businesses’ resource initiatives through certification programs, conferences, speaking engagements, books, and other publications. Download ETA's Certification Booklet to see how ETA can help your career, business, or school.
Members can access the Members Only area for current and past issues of The High-Tech News, practice exams, and other member benefits. Certification Administrators can also download forms, order exams, and review exam information.
Career Resource Center
Mobilize your success with ETA’s Career Resource Center (CRC). We offer employers and job seekers a way to connect professionals with the most in-demand careers available. Resume and job postings are FREE.